This project established with the aim to foster independence in the residents as far as possible through different interventional strategies like Activities of Daily Living Training, Occupational Therapy, Special Education, Music Therapy and Psychological Interventions.
- Psychological Assessment
- Psychological intervention
- Special education
- Occupational therapy
- Audio visual session
- Awareness program
- Social inclusive activity
- Music therapy
- Behavior management
- Play and leisure activities
- Activities of Daily Living Training
- Program Evaluation
- Feedback and Correction
- Maximization of each Individual’s Current Level of functioning in each key area of Activities of Daily Living.
- Fostering independence as far as possible in being able to do all their Activities of Daily living.
- Modification of their maladaptive and inappropriate behaviors and replacing them with improved adaptive and appropriate behaviours.
- Identification of their key interests and enabling them to pursue them to add more joy to their lives.
- Providing an environment where they can be given individualized intervention for enhancing their skills in different areas.
- Providing computer assistive trainings.
- Teaching and exposing them to various pre vocational and vocational trainings with the objective of providing self-support.
- Overall development of their social, emotional and behavioral well-being.
- Providing professional therapeutic interventional facilities.
This project would serve as a possible solution for all the residents of the Cheshire Home India Delhi Unit and PwDs from the Delhi NCR region for their overall development and would serve as a directive in moulding their personalities. This would further enhance their self-esteem and confidence. This project is operating at CHIDU in partnership with The Hans Foundation.